Tuesday 25 July 2017

Journey to School

The Watchmen collaborated on a descriptive piece of writing.


Describe the children’s journey to school.


WALT - Use Compound and Complex Sentences.


Kyza
“CRACK” the icy path opened ahead of me then I screamed “ahhhh”. The ice was cracking like an earthquake had struck and began to drift down stream. I stepped through the thin slippery ice and my shoe became soaking wet. My heart was pumping as the cold crept up my legs. I was taking the unstable icy path to school with my family.  I felt freezing cold even though I rubbed my arms quickly.


Boston
I was leading the crew although I was taking a risk, I knew it was my responsibility to keep my family safe. “Whoah that was close” I thought as the ice came apart. I was worried about how we would get through the ic it hurt like I was getting a full body tattoo. This was a terrifying journey I would take often to school.y path. The snow was like ice cream melting before me. As I kept on walking I was getting frost bitten,   


Sam
“Slow down please I'm getting tired” I said. My heart was slowing down every second as I crept along the unstable ice. The ice was like the sheets on the top of my bed. I got up and continued walking along the solid floating popsicles. Everybody was loudly telling me to “hurry up”. “Ok Ok I’m moving” My voice echoed around the icy mountains like I was a cartoon character in a cave saying “ECHO echo echo echo”. I looked in front of me to see if I could see the frozen billboard that said school but the billboard I saw said ‘1k to school’. We kept going on the icy path to our destination.


Mizuki
“CRACK” the icy path opened ahead of me as I followed my family’s footsteps carefully. My heartbeat went faster. “Whoa that was close”, it was hard to walk I felt like an old grandad with a walking stick. I was getting tired and my feet were turning to ice. The crunchy sound echoed as I stood in the footsteps before me. The sound was like someone eating a crunchy ice block. The person in front of me had a stick and a thick, purple jacket which made him look like a witch huddled against the wintry winds. This was a frightening trip I would have to take often to school.


Connor  
I carefully chose every step from the worn path in front of  me. I was fearful of falling in the freezing cold water when I took a step and sunk slightly, my heart stopped. I felt the icy water slowly fill my glove and stream up through my fingers, my blood was freezing cold. Every step I took it felt like ice grains compressing together. I carefully tiptoed across the ice chunks. This was something I had to do every single day.


Rayan
As I took steps following my parents the crunchy snow cracked in little shards like glass. The white path looked like some white powdery clothes detergent and the brown mountain looked like burned rock candy. Suddenly the frost bit me like a bee sting and my hands were so numb that I couldn't even feel my fingers.


Nikhil
The icy, freezing path opened ahead of me as I followed my family carefully and slowly on my journey to school. I saw the mountains staring at us while we crept through the cracks ahead of us. The frost bite hurt like a load of mosquitoes piercing my skin. The next step I took “CRUNCH, CRACK’ the ice broke and became unstable but luckily I put my hands on the other side of the crevice to prevent myself from falling. I was fearful that I might fall in the freezing water. I made it to the other side and was relieved. My hands were so painful that I couldn’t even bend them. We had five more kilometres to go until school. This was a journey I would take regularly.


Suyash
The ice split as I walked towards the unstable snow in front of me. The white path cracked as I stepped on it and the ice made a “CRUNCH”. The thin ice cracked like a mirror falling from a wall . The chilled air froze my skin as I walked towards the enormous mountains. The thick snow covered my shoes completely. I was worried that the huge rocks would fall on me like a thousand bricks falling on my head. The leafless trees swung in the air. This was the hardest journey I had ever experienced.


Tariq
The icy path opened ahead of me as I followed my family.  The ice was like shards and my hands were feeling numb. The ice cracked as I trudged past. I was concerned the mountain rocks would fall down like an aircraft crashing into the sea. The snow was as white as a polar bear and the path looked like some white powdery clothes detergent. The frost bit me even though my scarf was like a snake strangling me. My hands were so numb that I couldn't even feel them yet we still had two miles ahead of us. This was a journey I would take often.


Jacky
The icy path opened ahead of me as I followed my family. The ice was as white as rock candy. I stepped on the powdery snow it felt like crushed sugar. The snow crunched underfoot like the sound of crisp, dead leaves. Wind blew into my face and stung like a nettle. My hands were numb and I couldn't even bend my fingers. My clothes were tight as a snake strangling me. I could see my school in the distance. A crack in the ice broke and a small amount of snow rushed down like an avalanche into the frozen stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment